Monday, August 2, 2010



Its’s over. My 5-week relationship with Valencia is over.

It’s weird to think that after enduring weeks of no A/C, different food and an eclectic group of people… we’d be sad to let it go.

With the ISA study abroad program, (since I didn’t go through OSU), it was a group of over 40 students from all over. Texas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, Nebraska, Arizona.. I mean everywhere. And if our group had gone to high school together, this group would be non-existent. But I think that’s the beauty of it.

5 weeks means you make good memories, bad decisions, good friends, get annoyed with people but at the end of the day these group of people are the only ones who will understand what you went through and won’t roll their eyes at you when you say, “that reminds me of this one time in Valencia…”

I think the consensus after the 5 weeks is that we didn’t want it to end. We didn’t want to say good-bye to the city that stole our heart and we most certainly didn’t want to leave Europe.

It’s funny to think you’d get home sick from somewhere you’ve studied abroad but when you’re living with a family, eating meals there, going to class, etc. It does become your home.

I promise to come back one day Valencia, you were too good to me.

As for the rest of you that I met in Valencia, come visit me in Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment