Sunday, July 18, 2010

It looks like a giant armadillo.

This weekend I stayed in Valencia because next weekend I go to Morocco (incredibly stoked) and I figured I’d stay and get to know the city I'm studying in. Plus I haven’t spent a weekend here, yet.

Friday, ISA took us to the ‘Cuidad de las Artes y las Ciencias’ (The City of Arts and Sciences.) The buildings and layout were beautiful. Look.


First we went to see an IMAX show. The screen was a huge globe and if you titled your head back, it still went on.

Next we went to the ‘Oceanografic’ (Aquriaum.) They had all kinds of cool animals, including penguins. J They had this really cool part for the oceans sections where you walk in and it’s tunnel so you can walk in and the water and animals are all around you swimming. For anyone visiting Valencia, the CAC is a must I think, but truthfully I’m really glad we go to go for free because it was just “pretty good.” The aquariums in the states, i.e. Boston and Chicago are just hard to beat. There was a really awesome dolphin show at the end, though. I’ve decided if no one hires me with my journalism degree, I’ll become a dolphin trainer.


Saturday, some of us took a day trip to a town about 30 km north called, Sagunto. It’s an old Roman town that has this Roman theater and castle. Every road and street in Spain is cobblestone which for the eye is pretty but for my feet.. not so much. After the trek that it was to get to the castle, once I saw the view it was all worth it. Beautiful.

The view from the street of the castle.

(I sweat so much in Spain it is unreal. I miss air conditioning.)


I seriously am counting down the minutes to get to Morocco. I can’t wait to go camel riding, visits souks, eat some coushcoush and just check out a new culture. I wish I could spend a month there because I want to see more than just Marrakech and Fez. I’d want to see Casablanca and Tangier and that would be just scratching the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment